Advocating for our Communities and my Constituents
During my tenure in the legislature, we have had tremendous success bringing home financial support for Manchester and Glastonbury, including:
- $5,500,000 for a new library in Manchester
- $2,000,000 for open space in Glastonbury
- $3,000,000 for Center Springs Park in Manchester
- $390,000 for Advanced Manufacturing Apprenticeship Program at Manchester High School
just to name a few!
I will continue to be a fierce and tireless advocate for Manchester and Glastonbury at the State Capitol. Whether it is for expansion of public water in Glastonbury neighborhoods affected by uranium in well water, or for revitalization and economic development efforts in downtown Manchester, I will work with town officials and community leaders and fight hard for projects important to our community where state assistance could be helpful.
During Covid-19 I worked tirelessly on a wide range of constituent issues including:
- Securing unemployment benefits for many
- Helping businesses secure funding to survive
- Helping families communicate with nursing homes
- Working with Governor Lamont to keep essential businesses in our district open
- Helping families secure healthcare and deal with insurance coverage issues